Calvary Austin Regathering
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, running down on the beard, the beard of Aaron, running down on the edge of his garments. It is like the dew of Hermon, descending upon the mountains of Zion; for there the Lord commanded the blessing— life forevermore. - Psalm 133:1-3
While ‘shelter in place’ mandates were designed for our protection, they proved to be a huge challenge for those of us who thrive on fellowship. The Psalm above are sentiments shared by many today, myself included. You have been dearly missed at Calvary Austin.
As you may have already heard, the quarantine for our state is being lifted in phases, with phase 1 beginning on May 1st. Under this first phase, churches may assemble under certain guidelines which will be adhered to by Calvary Austin. To give ourselves ample time to meet state requirements, we will not assemble the first Sunday of May, but will open doors on Sunday, May 10. With these things in mind, please consider the following:
- We encourage those who are at-risk to please stay home. If you are immune-compromised in any way, or have had any recent illness or potential symptoms, please continue your online participation rather than coming in person. Don’t take chances. Error on the side of safety.
- As we begin regathering, we will do so with a family-style worship service, with no children’s ministry yet offered, other than what we provide online.
- Having a large facility allows us to observe social distancing guidelines rather easily. We have already taken advantage of the auditorium space, pre-setting chairs with ample distance between them, while allowing families to sit together.
- Instead of handshakes and hugs, greeters will be holding welcome signs. Coffee and baked goods will not be served the first couple weeks of phase 1.
- The building has been thoroughly cleansed and disinfected. We will continue to maintain deep cleaning procedures each week.
- We ask that you observe social distancing in the lobby. I know this is a tough one, especially after being apart for so long. Our tendency will be to run up to each other. That day will come. In the meantime, we must take precautions.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available for anyone in need.
- For more details on state guidelines for churches, we encourage you to visit the ‘Open Texas’ website using the link below:
During phase 1, we will have one service at our facility at 10:00am with a second online service at noon at live.calvaryaustin.com
Phase 1 service times begin Sunday, May 10 (Mother’s Day)
I know this is a lot to take in, but these are critical times. We need to look out for each other. Thank you for doing your part. If there’s anything we can do for you, doesn’t hesitate to call upon us. We love you and can’t wait to see you.
In Calvary love,
P. Terry, staff and leadership